So this morning, when I opened My Google and grabbed a look at the top CNN headline, I decided I shouldn't wait any longer. Today was the day "Friday Follies" would begin:
- Miley Cyrus Gets Tattoo No. 5 You know, there used to be a time when you could depend on Miley for some real news.
- From Bradblog: Limbaugh Jokes about NYT Detention until he Learns about Fox Reporters in Hospital. Okay, there's nothing funny about reporters getting beat up. Not a thing. But how about Limbaugh having to eat his words? That's funny, right?
- "What in hell is this man talking about?" Chris Matthews has taken to calling Glenn Beck 'nuts'. No big words, no explanations. Just 'nuts'. And then he gets into Frank Gaffney, who might require a word a little stronger than 'nuts'.
- NYC Mayor Bloomberg ♥ Bloomberg. “I like what I see in the mirror, and I hope everybody here does,” the mayor said.
- Donald Rumsfeld's new book, "Known and Unknown" came out last week. Howard Kurtz quotes from it:
When Rumsfeld was serving as Gerald Ford’s White House chief of staff, he asked his friend Dick Cheney to serve as his top assistant. Cheney “reminded me about a couple of arrests he had had for drinking and driving after he got out of college and was working on power lines in Wyoming.” Rumsfeld briefed the new president. “Do you think this is the guy you need for the job?” Ford asked. Rumsfeld said he did. “Then bring him aboard.” The rest, as they say, is history.
(Okay, that's not funny.)
- And lastly, I stole this from Mario Piperni (who borrowed it from Daryl Cagle), but I plan to put it back as soon as I'm finished:
This is a shortened version because I only just thought about it this morning, but watch next Friday for another installment of FF. I'll be on the lookout for the best of the week, and I'll put them here. If you have any ideas for this, send them on. It's the least you can do. (There's a smile in there.)